The compact CycloSpotter-T (CS-T) camera head is used to inspect sealant or adhesive beads.
Mounted directly on the adhesive nozzle, continuous image capture begins triggered by a trigger signal from the robot or dispenser. The sensor continues to capture images at an adjustable frequency until a section change or end of section is signalled by the controller. Three integrated, high resolution IR cameras offset by 120° and one RGB camera always take images at the same time. In at least one of the thermal images, the bead is visible without the robot having to turn the sensor or handled part when changing the application direction.
The images are transmitted to the evaluation computer via Gigabit Ethernet. With the VisionTools V60 image processing software, the temperatures can be displayed as grey values and analysed with the proven software tools, just like any other camera image. The application compound is heated by pre-heating or mixing and pressing out of the application nozzle. Even with a small temperature difference of 3 Kelvin between bead and background, the image is rich in contrast and can easily be analysed automatically. Component edges and holes are visible in the RGB camera images. These are used to check the position of the sealant beads in relation to the component.
- Clear image of the bead even if there is no optical contrast between the adhesive medium and the application surface, e.g. black seam on dark CFK
- Use of different heat radiation behaviour of different materials
- Rapid inline inspection for interruptions, width and position, directly during application
- Parametrisable standard project software, can also be integrated into the bonding control system as an option
- Easy to replace, thanks to factory calibration of the sensor system
- Compact design for easy access to difficult component contours
- Suitable for short and long gluing nozzles
- Simple installation
- Robust, compact aluminium housing IP65 with several integrated sensors
- 3x IR Sensor 320 x 240 Pixel (Microbolometer technology)
- 1x RGB Sensor 1440 x 1080 Pixel
- 4 integrated LEDs for illumination of the RGB sensor
- Trigger connection M12 4-pin A-coded
- Gigabit Ethernet connection M12 8-pol. X-coded
- Power supply 18 - 32 V or PoE
- Working distance 100 - 130 mm
- Nozzle diameter up to 38 mm
- Application speed up to 500 mm/s